Political Action is not just theorizing what needs to be done to empower the NAACP members and communities to have reciprocity in economic, social, and political arenas, it is about providing results that improves the economic, social and political health of those members and communities.
To achieve these results 6 Goals have been developed to focus action and obtain real progress. They are:
Goal 1: Increase the number of registered African American and other minority voters.
Goal 2: Train African American and other minority voters on the voting process and improve voter awareness of civil rights issues.
Goal 3: Hold elected and appointed officials accountable on civil rights issues and encourage African American, other minority, and pro-civil rights citizens to seek public offices and roles.
Goal 4: Increase voter turnout in African American and other minority communities.
Goal 5: Evaluate the accuracy of census data and ensure the distribution of census data to underserved communities.
Goal 6: Promote election reform and enforcement of laws protecting and promoting voter participation and voting rights.
The Political Action Committee shall:
(1) Seek to increase registration and voting
(2) Work for the enactment of municipal, state and federal legislation designed to improve the educational, political and economic status of minority groups
(3) Seek the repeal of racially discriminatory legislation
(4) Work to improve the administration of justice
(5) Work to secure equal enforcement of the law
(6) Keep the National Office and the Unit informed of all proposed legislation which affects minority groups
(7) The Committee shall be nonpartisan and shall not endorse candidates for public office